8. European Conference Certification 2017
The 8. European Conference was organised by the Austrian Society for NDT with its D.A.CH. Partners from Switzerland (SGZP) and Germany (DGZfP) under the umbrella of the European Federation for NDT (EFNDT) from 6.-7. June 2017 in Vienna.
Certification 2017 - A sucessful step into the revision of a future ISO 9712
28 contributions and more than 80 participants from 29 nations were the key to success in a worldwide exchange of views. They have generated important imulses for the further development of the areas Qualification and Certification of NDT personnel.
According to the contributions of the conference, which was carried out under the motto "5 years EN ISO 9712 - What's next / how to go on?", it became clear that a revision of EN ISO 9712 was desired. The following focuses become apparent:
- The responsibility of employers must be defined and strengthened. In particular, the employer should be responsible for sufficient industrial experience of the NDT personnel.
- The recertification of level 3 personnel should only include the theoretical part of the examination.
- The training duration for level 1 personnel in RT and UT should be extended. The currently prescribed 40 hours do not correspond to the syllabus.
- A (simplified) recertification instead of the formal renewal process after 5 years would have a very positive influence on the abilities of the NDT personnel.
The end of the strenuous / stimulating first day was a visit to an excellent wine tavern in Grinzing. The delicacies in solid and liquid form were very appealing and showed Vienna from its culinary and cozy side.Presentations of the authors Conference pictures (Google Fotos)
Thanks to our sponsors of Certification 2017